WHO ARE WE
Brussels Special Venues (BSV) is a non-profit organisation that is registered in Belgium. BSV’s URL is www.venues.be.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- By post at Brussels Special Venues (BSV), rue Bara 175, 1070 Brussels, Belgium.
- For marketing purposes, by filling out our Contact Form or joining our communities on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.
You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
This policy applies to individuals, companies and organisations (hereinafter “You”).
- To administer your account;
- To provide you with the information that you requested or that you agreed to receive;
- To improve the services we offer.
We take your privacy seriously. We will use your Personal Data that you choose to provide to us through www.venues.be or you share with us in another way exclusively:
HOW WE OPERATE
We operate in compliance with the EU’s GDPR [May 2018] guidelines. We are committed to maintaining your personal rights and allow you to change or withdraw your consent at any time.
WHO WILL USE YOUR DATA?
WHAT WE WILL DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Use our venue finder: You can use our online venue finder freely, without having to enter any Personal Data. However, you will be asked to provide Personal Data when you use the “My request list” option, which you can use to send your request directly to the venues you select (members of BSV). In this case:
- BSV will keep and process your data only if you agree to register through the link on our online Contact Form or if you consent in writing to us keeping your Personal Data.
- Your details will be passed to the venues (members of BSV) you select to allow them to send you the offer you request, if you tick the box consenting to this. Please note that BSV is not responsible for the privacy practices of its members (See “FOLLOWING A LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE” and “WHAT DATA WILL BE SHARED”). Should you not want to enter your data and share it with BSV members, you can contact our members directly. Their contact details are published on our website.
- Send us an email or meet with BSV at a MICE Industry Event: we will keep and process your data if you register through the link on our online Contact Form or if you consent in writing to us keeping your Personal Data.
We will keep your Personal Data only with your consent. Unless you voluntarily submit Personal Data to us, we won’t use your Personal Data or personally identify you. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purposes you provide it for, when you:
WHAT PRIVATE DATA WILL BE KEPT
Only the following data is kept: email address, first name, last name, country, organisation, language preference, subscription date.
HOW DOES OUR ONLINE CONTACT FORM WORK?
To safeguard you privacy, double authentication is required when using the Contact Form on www.venues.be. When you register to receive BSV communications at the frequency of your choosing, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you register to confirm that you authorize BSV to send you the newsletter.
HOW TO ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE (OPT OUT) YOUR DATA
When you register as a user using the online Contact Form, you are invited to create a personal account. This will allow you to review, update or change the Personal Data you provide to BSV or delete your profile (online, at any time, at www.venues.be via the sign-in button at the top of the page).
Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have, to change your Personal Data held by BSV or to delete your account. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days.
We may retain and use your information when necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED AND KEPT
When you use www.venues.be without sharing Personal Data with us, we are permitted to conduct a general analysis of which pages you access and when, in order to improve our website and our contents. In this case, your data will not be kept and will be used for analysis purposes only:
- We use Google Analytics to collect information anonymously and identify trends without identifying individual users. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics you can add a plug-in to your browser.
- www.venues.be IT application is ODOO.
- Display of targeted advertising based on the information provided on Social Media.
We also conduct a statistical analysis of the success or failure of our newsletter campaigns. For example, we can see if and when an email was opened and which links in the email were clicked.
This Personal Data is only kept and analysed in order to optimize the sending of the newsletter and to tailor the content of future communications to your interests. This Personal Data will not be used for any other purposes.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Your data will be kept for 4 years. You can also ask for your account to be deleted at any time or you can delete it yourself (see “OPT-OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBE”).
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR DATA? WHAT DATA WILL BE SHARED?
- We may disclose Personal Data if we are required to do so by law (for example, if a legal body demands it) or if such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims or to protect the rights of ISO, its customers or the general public.
- We may pass on your Personal Data to other members when you use the venue finder only if you consent (see “WHAT WE WILL DO WITH YOUR DATA?”).
We may exceptionally pass on your details to others in the following cases:
HOW AND WHERE YOUR DATA IS KEPT AND PROCESSED
- We may transfer your Personal Data to our website developer ARTECOM (service provider), which supports us in the administration of ISO.org. This partner is bound by a contract to keep your data private and secure.
- We use industry standard security protocols and technology to secure your data. All data is kept on our secured dedicated systems at OVH (France).
Your data can only be accessed by our staff and our supplier ARTECOM:
OPT-OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBE
- Email: You can unsubscribe from email notifications and newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe hyperlink at the bottom of any BSV email communication or by logging into your account at www.venues.be using the password that you have been given and deleting your profile.
- Posts on Social Media: You also withdraw your consent by leaving the BSV accounts on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter
- You can also opt out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Your Personal Data is kept after you register through our Contact Form and give your consent, but you control whether or not you continue to receive communications from BSV. The method of control depends on the communication channel:
FOLLOWING A LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE
FOLLOWING A LINK TO OUR WEBSITE FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
However, transmitting information over the Internet is generally not completely secure and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. You transmit any data to us at your own risk.
We will report any data breaches or potential data breaches to the appropriate authorities within 24 hours and to anyone affected by a breach within 72 hours. If you have any queries or concerns about use of the data, please contact us.
All content at www.venues.be is copyright protected. The copyright is owned by www.venues.be.
Any use of the content, including copying of it in whole or in part, for example for use on another website, is prohibited and is subject to written permission from Brussels Special Venues. Permission must be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.