Joining Brussels Special Venues will allow you, your team, and your venue access to valuable benefits:
1. ADHERENCE TO PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS ENSURING CREDIBILITY
BSV members adhere to a Charter and rules of conduct. Your venue is recognized as a credible, engaged member of the meetings and events community:
- A responsible and compliant member of meeting destinations, and keen to play a part in the representation of Brussels.
- Committed to advancing the standards of facilities and service throughout Belgium and internationally.
- Willing to embrace best practices, and to demonstrate ethical behavior and competence to your clients and event participants.
2. INFLUENCE AND POWERFUL ADVOCACY
- BSV is committed to protecting the interests of the profession by promoting the importance of event venues to local authorities. Our association is influential in the Brussels Capital Region and we represent the profession when it is threatened by legislation, or by the unethical practices of others.
- In close cooperation with VISIT BRUSSELS, VISIT FLANDERS and the Wallonie-Bruxelles Convention Bureau, we play an active part in exploiting the full potential of event venues in Brussels, as well as internationally.
3. MEMBERS SERVICES AND RESOURCES AT YOUR DISPOSAL
- Membership applications, dues collection, renewal services.
- Analysis of membership growth, recruitment and renewal opportunities.
- Coordinating special working groups, preparing meetings.
- Passing on enquiry emails and sales lead from event planners wanting a quote or information for holding an event in your venue.
- Ensuring referral of client enquiries of availability to fellow members.
- Managing and coordinating the BSV marketing and communication strategies and campaigns.
- Managing responsive and regular communication, PR and media support.
- Creating and maintaining a database of meeting planners worldwide.
4. MARKETING WITH PROACTIVE PROMOTIONAL MEANS AND MESSAGES
Our editorial team works continuously writing and editing dynamic content about our members’ activities and their BSV accomplishments: WE TALK ABOUT YOU!
- BSV venues catalogue.
- Regular and targeted publicity and adverts in trade journals such as: Trends, Eventonline, Let’s Meet in Brussels, Meetings Guide, Headquarters Magazine, the MICE industry press, as well as with other players in the business.
- Website in 4 languages (www.venues.be): This is the place to be to showcase your unique venue. Your membership includes member description and detailed profile; custom design and content; web mastering, hosting and backup services; members-only online tools, and many other benefits.
- Venue finder in 4 languages: a free, well-structured, user-friendly search tool for planners to find your venue.
- Blog posts: BSV members regularly contribute to this section of the website, which is dedicated to the regular dissemination of news, novelties, event venue descriptions, events, and promotions.
- Regular e-newsletters.
- Dedicated LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter accounts: powerful tools for spreading information on event venues.
- BSV interactive e-catalogue.
- PowerPoint presentation.
5. TARGETING YOUR AUDIENCE WITH GREATER EFFICIENCY
Your venue will be promoted through the regularly extended and updated BSV database of meeting organizers around the world—a powerful contact list that will increase the visibility of your venue.
6. MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION CAMPAIGN TO INCREASE YOUR VISIBILITY AND PROMOTE YOUR VENUE
- E-marketing campaign.
- Through dedicated and proactive Social Media accounts.
- Keyword research, search engine advertising and search engine optimisation to ensure optimum visibility.
- Exposure and networking opportunities with key event organizers and buyers at BSV’s organized showcase events.
- Collaborative participation and shared exhibition stands at selected trade or industry exhibitions, meetings and fairs (EIBTM, IMEX, EAS, M&I, etc.)
- Participation in the BSV Annual Networking Event.
- Eligibility to attend general meetings.
- Opportunity to host special customer events, FAM trips or site inspections.
7. COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS, CONNECTIONS AND NETWORKING
- Collaborative projects and alliances in cooperation with other associations in the sector such as Visit Brussels, FAIB, MPI, BAPCO, and SITE.
- Networking opportunities with peers: BSV members meet to ensure progress on shared issues. You will benefit from their experience and expertise and have access to instant guidance on key topics and to keeping up-to-date with current trends.
- Moreover, we will provide you with timely and reliable market information in the meeting industry, both locally and internationally, and we will keep you informed on Government news and developments.
8. LESS WORK, MORE SUCCESS
BSV makes it easier for you to develop your activities and increase your venue occupancy. Working together as a BSV member, rather than on your own, will enable you to focus on your core business and ensure your venue’s success.
9. UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
We open the way for your venue’s event space to reach national and international meeting planners more effectively than if you try to go it alone: BSV is the vehicle for building meaningful business connections and for growing your personal client list.
10. COST EFFECTIVE
Joining BSV will definitely save you the expense of doing your own marketing and communication campaign: As a member you will save thousands of euros as your organization will benefit from promotion in professional publications, advertising, digital marketing campaigns, representation at trade fairs and much more. This will allow you to price your venue more competitively and help you increase your profit margins.